Chocolate Mousse Pie
Looking for a lighter dessert so good your shift will fight over it? This chocolate mousse pie is a quick, lighter option for both the station and at home. This pie serves eight but, in reality, four firefighters. Keep this in mind when making it at the station. Limit your portion if your goal is weight loss or if you had a heavy dinner before.
- 1 sugar-free, fat-free chocolate pudding mix
- 1 fat-free evaporated milk (12 oz)
- 1 tub light whipped topping (Cool Whip)
- 1 premade Graham cracker pie crust (9in)
- Whisk pudding mix and evaporated milk until smooth (2 minutes).
- Pour into pie crust and top with defrosted whipped topping.
- Refrigerate or freeze at least 2 hours before serving.
- 1/8th slice of pie: 230 cal, 32g carb, 9g fat, 3.2g protein
- This lightened version is 100 cal and 5g fat less per serving than the original.
Megan Lautz, MS, RD, CSCS, TSAC-F
Megan is a Registered Dietitian and coach who specializes in firefighter nutrition. Megan’s mission is to help firefighters perform better, recover faster, and enjoy long healthy retirements. Megan owns RescueRD LLC, which provides nutrition seminars and coaching for tactical athletes across the country. Check out @Rescue.RD on Facebook and Instagram.