Greek Salad with Avocado
A simple Greek salad dressing completes this easy and authentic Greek salad with the addition of creamy avocado for a simple salad side dish that goes with everything.
- Prep Time20 min
- Total Time20 min
- Serving Size8
- Energy323 cal
- 2 English cucumbers peeled in stripes and cut into 1/2 inch slices
- 1 1/2 pounds medium tomatoes I use cocktail tomatoes, stemmed and quartered
- 1/4 small red onion thinly sliced
- 1 1/2 cups kalamata olives pitted and halved
- 1/4 cup Italian flat leaf parsley chopped<
- 2 avocados pitted and cut into chunks
- 1 cup feta cheese broken into large chunks
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic peeled and minced<
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon each of kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
Pour 1 tablespoon of the dressing on the sliced avocado and gently mix to coat. Pour the rest of the dressing on the cucumber mixture and toss to coat. Add the avocado to the salad and top with chunks of feta cheese, and serve.
As the salad sits, the juices from the vegetables will release, adding to the amount of dressing. If you prefer, reserve some of the dressing and add only if needed for more moisture.
This Greek salad keeps in the refrigerator for 4-5 days.