Everyone loves peanut butter and chocolate – especially this better-for-you version! This smoothie is high in protein, making it perfect after a workout, fire, or training. For a thick and creamy texture, freeze bananas in slices. Using too much ice will dilute the flavor.
Active Prep Time: 5 minutes
Makes 1, 16 oz serving
- ¾ cup dairy, almond, or soy milk
- ½ banana, frozen
- 1 scoop of chocolate protein powder
- ½ Tbsp peanut butter
- 1-2 handfuls of spinach (optional but recommended)
- Combine the ingredients into a 16 oz portable blender cup and blend. Add ice as needed
- 1 smoothie: 315 calories, 37g carbs, 7g fat, 28g protein, 5g fiber
- To get a full serving of veggies without the taste, add spinach. Fresh spinach blended into smoothies is tasteless, but it will turn your smoothie green!
- Add more peanut butter, banana, or oats to increase the calories for weight gain or as a meal replacement.
Megan Lautz, MS, RD, CSCS, TSAC-F
Megan is a Registered Dietitian and coach who specializes in firefighter nutrition. Megan’s mission is to help firefighters perform better, recover faster, and enjoy long healthy retirements. Megan is the owner of RescueRD LLC, which provides nutrition seminars and coaching for tactical athletes across the country. Check out @Rescue.RD on Facebook and Instagram.