Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
Chia seeds are a great plant-based source of Omega-3 fatty acids. Adding chia seeds to oatmeal also boosts the fiber content. This dish provides a whopping 14 grams of fiber, which is almost half of your daily fiber requirements!
Active Prep Time: 3 minutes
Makes 1 servings
- ½ c old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 c water or milk
- 1 Tbsp Chia Seeds
- 1 apple, chopped into small to medium sized chunks
- Combine the oats, water or milk, and chia seeds in bowl. Microwave for 2.5 minutes. Cover to make sure the oatmeal doesn’t boil over.
- Add chopped apple to the cooked oatmeal. Allow to cool for 5 minutes and enjoy!
- 320 calories, 27g carbs, 4g fat, g protein, 14g fiber
- Chia seeds are highly absorbent, you may need to add a little more water or milk as you wait for the oatmeal to cool
Megan Lautz, MS, RD, CSCS, TSAC-F
Megan is a Registered Dietitian and coach who specializes in firefighter nutrition. Megan’s mission is to help firefighters perform better, recover faster, and enjoy long healthy retirements. Megan is the owner of RescueRD LLC, which provides nutrition seminars and coaching for tactical athletes across the country. Check out @Rescue.RD on Facebook and Instagram.