Apple Cinnamon Muffins
Craving apple pie, but need something healthier? These muffins are not only portable but can crush cravings for sweets. Use a whole grain, high protein muffin mix like Kodiak Cakes to cut prep time.
Active Prep Time: 5 minutes
Makes 12 servings.
- 2 cup Kodiak Cake Pancake mix
- 1 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ⅛ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Combine ingredients in a medium bowl. Divide into 12 muffin cups. Sprinkle muffins with a pinch of brown sugar. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 1 muffin: 135 calories, 6 g protein, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fat, 2 g fiber
- Boost the protein content by adding a scoop of vanilla or cinnamon roll protein powder. Refrigerate to prevent from spoiling.
Megan Lautz, MS, RD, CSCS, TSAC-F
Megan is a Registered Dietitian and coach who specializes in firefighter nutrition. Megan’s mission is to help firefighters perform better, recover faster, and enjoy long healthy retirements. Megan is the owner of RescueRD LLC, which provides nutrition seminars and coaching for tactical athletes across the country. Check out @Rescue.RD on Facebook and Instagram.